Fads like raw foodism, Atkins diet may come and go but aerobics lasts forever. If you truly wish to lose that stubborn belly fat and get a toned body shape, then enroll yourself in an aerobics class today. Aerobics not only makes you fit and healthy but also helps you to lose weight and improves the circulation of oxygen in your body. Shedding those extra inches from your belly is a really tough job and requires a hardcore exercise routine. Aerobics can help you get the desired results within a short span of time if done regularly. Aerobics not just helps in getting rid of the belly fat but also helps in body toning and fitness.
What are the Major Benefits of doing Aerobic Exercises
Aerobics is one of the types of the cardiovascular exercises that involve the rhythmic motion of more than one muscle group in our body and thus helps in reducing the fat from the body. Aerobics exercises have a potential of using fat over carbohydrates which acts as a fuel for the body and keeps you going during the workout. Aerobics not just helps lose weight from the body, but is quite beneficial for the overall functioning of the body as well. Some of the major benefits of aerobics exercises are as follows:
- You can notice visible results in your body fat within just a few months of regular aerobic workout.
- Aerobic exercises also reduce the risk of vascular and heart diseases. These exercises avert fat from accumulating in the body by reducing blood pressure and making the blood vessels a little firm that also prevents clogging of the blood vessels.
- Regular aerobic workout also tends to increase the volume of the blood pumped with every heartbeat. It also reduces the production of lactic acid in the body which causes less fatigue.
- Aerobics also helps in reducing the mental health problems such as stress, anxiety, and depression. It provides you with strength and stamina thereby keeping you fit and energetic all day.
13 Best Aerobic Exercises you can do at Home to Lose Weight
Aerobics is an easy and economical way to lose fat within a short span of time. Here are some simple aerobic exercises that you can easily do at home and achieve the desired results within just a few months.
Skipping is an age-old technique of losing fat from the body. Skipping primarily focuses on your glutes, calves, shoulder, and quads and thus helps in attaining a perfect body shape. Not just this, it also boosts up your heart rate and strengthen the heart muscles and improves blood circulation in the body thereby improving the cardiovascular health. For adapting the proper skipping technique you can follow these simple steps:
- Stand straight on the ground with your head straight, looking the straight-ahead direction.
- Make sure that your torso should be straight while keeping your knees slightly bent.
- Keep the elbows close to your body and start moving the rope with the help of your wrists.
- Use your feet to take a push off from the land and start jumping over the rope. Repeat this exercise for at least to 50 to 100 times in one go.
The key muscles that are being focused upon in this exercise are your abs and hamstrings. It helps in burning calories, toning the thighs and the abs and provides strength to the muscles. It also aims at improving the circulation levels in your body. This exercise can be done by following the steps listed below:
- First of all, get down in a high plank position placing your hands directly below your shoulders keeping your core strong and tight.
- Your posture should be such that a straight line is formed from your neck to ankles.
- Bring your right foot forward without moving your left foot. Now, quickly switch the position of your left foot by bringing it in the forward direction and moving the right foot back.
- Now, repeat the same exercise in quick progressions and try to keep your shoulder level directly above the wrists.
This versatile exercise specifically targets muscles like glutes, hip flexors, and quads which help in pepping up your heart beat rate thereby boosting the circulation levels in your body and improving metabolism. It helps in enhancing the power of your legs and burning lots of calories in the body. In order perform this exercise correctly the listed below steps must be properly followed:
- To start with squat jumps, stand in a straight position keeping your feet and shoulders width apart.
- Now, for this exercise you need to perform a normal squat first and as you come down simply jump in the air.
- As you land, come back to the initial squat position in order to complete one rep.
- Do at least 3-4 sets of the same with 10-15 reps and make sure you do not take a rest of more than 60 seconds between each set.
Jumping jacks is a typical aerobic exercise that helps loose plenty of calories from the body. Moreover, the added advantage of this exercise is that it helps in toning your thighs, deltoids, quads, calves, and lats. If you wish to get toned abs as well, then keep your tummy tucked in while performing this exercise. Follow these simple steps in order to get started with jumping jacks.
- Begin with keeping your feet together in a standing position and place your hands down by your sides.
- Now, jump your feet out to the sides and simultaneously raise your arms above your head.
- Jump back to the starting position immediately and repeat the same for at least 50-100 times depending upon your stamina.
- This warm-up exercise is great to start with before heading towards the hardcore aerobic training.
This easy yet effective exercise can be quite draining at times but it helps you achieve a toned butt and core. It also enhances your endurance levels while giving you toned abs, hips, and thighs. The targeted muscles in this exercise are quads and glutes. To begin with high keens, follow these steps:
- Stand in a straight position with your feet together and hands down on the side of your body, keeping your head and spine erect.
- Lift your one foot up, allowing your knee to come up to the level of your waist and move your alternate hand simultaneously.
- Repeat the same with the other foot as well. Keep your pace constant and march continuously for about 50 counts that would take around 20 seconds approximately.
- Do 3-4 sets of high knees in order to get maximum benefit out of it.
The muscle areas that are being primarily targeted by this aerobic exercise are your glutes, calves, hamstring, and quads. It helps in boosting your cardiovascular stamina apart from just toning your lower body. This simple exercise can be done by following the steps listed down:
- All you need to do is move up and down the stairs at a steady pace for about 10-15 minutes.
- You can increase the intensity of this workout by gradually increasing the speed and time of this exercise.
This aerobic activity also helps in toning your thighs and increasing the rate of your heartbeats. The main muscles focused in this exercise are the hamstrings and quads. It enhances the body coordination while making the lower body toned and supple. It can be done by following the steps given below:
- Basically jumping lunge is a higher version of the typical lunge technique. You need to master the lunges before heading onto jumping lunges.
- Begin with starting from a low lunge position and jump up in the air while switching your feet mid-air and land back into the normal lunge position with your opposite feet.
- Do about 3-4 sets consisting of 10-15 reps.
Burpees are an intense exercise that targets all the areas of the body. It boosts the heart rate, strength, blood circulation and flexibility in the body. Burpees can be done by following these steps:
- Start with your feet and shoulder width apart and keep your core strong and tight.
- Use your hands and place them on the floor as you bend forward from your waist.
- Walk with your hands in the forward to reach a high plank position while keeping your legs straight.
- As you reach a high plank position move backward using your hands and get back to the standing position. This is one complete rep of burpees.
This exercise mainly focuses on your glutes and hamstrings and can be performed by incorporating these simple steps:
- Stand straight with your shoulder and feet width apart.
- Keep your arms in a bent position towards the side.
- Now bend your right knee and kick your glutes with your right heel and then bring it down to the actual position.
- Now, repeat the same exercise with the left leg also.
This aerobic activity aims at strengthening your core muscles and also reduces the problems of lower back pain. The key muscles targeted in this exercise are hamstrings, hips, and glutes. This can be performed as follows:
- To start with the get down in a normal plank position keeping your core tight.
- Now jump your feet apart and then bring them back together in the normal position.
- Make sure you do not jump feet too narrow or too broad and keep your hips at the same level during the exercise.
This exercise helps to boost the muscle power and provides strength to the whole body. It also improves your cardiovascular health and boosts metabolism. The targeted muscles in this exercise are the deltoids and triceps. Follow the steps listed below to start this exercise:
- Begin with a plank position by getting down on your arms and legs. Now start crawling forward at a constant pace keeping the same posture.
- Remember to put less weight on the legs and more on the arms. Continue this for at least 60 seconds.
This easy exercise is mainly focused to target muscles like hips and glutes. Donkey kicks can be performed in the following manner:
- Keeping your core tight, get down in a high plank posture. Now push your feet into the air and kick your butt with your heels.
- Get back to the initial position by lightly returning back on your toes.
- Remember to keep your shoulders in straight line with your wrists.
The main focuses of this exercise are obliques and abs. Corkscrew can be done in the following manner:
- Lie down on your back keeping your hands just below your lower back for added support.
- Keep your legs straight and stomach sucked. Lift up your legs from the ground to form a right angle with your upper body.
- Keep your legs together and core tight and make a complete rotation with your legs.
- Also, make sure that your abs remain tight during the exercise.
Over to You
There are hundreds of aerobics exercises that can be practiced at home to lose weight and burn out that excess fat on your body. These 13 exercises are the best form of aerobic exercises to lose weight and stay fit. So, we have extracted the list of best aerobic workouts for you with steps. These are the best examples of aerobic exercises that can be practiced at home. Aerobics if combined with Yoga can lead to a number of benefits. Your fitness is in your hands. Start worrying about it from now!